Saturday, May 3, 2008

Friday Cocktail Time #5 - Weekend by the Pool

Hey! I'm back and ready for both the weekend AND a drink.

I REALLY need a drink this week. This week, I have learned that my wonderful, wonderful boss will be leaving the company. It's all going to hell in a handbasket now.

I concocted this drink with a few things in mind: my boss and her love of tequila, and the need to rest my weary, work-addled mind by the pool this weekend.



RP, you were the best boss I've ever had and you're one of my very best friends. We'll still hang out, visit, and drink! I'm happy that you've gotten that monkey off your back. You gave it your all. Too bad there were too many roadblocks and bobbleheads in the way. I wish the best for you!

CHEERS, my friend!

Weekend by the Pool
1 1/2 oz tequila
1 T blue curaçao
4 oz lemon lime soda
ice
orange wedge

1) Pour tequila and curaçao over ice in a rocks glass.
2) Add the soda, squeeze the orange wedge into the drink, and stir just enough to blend.
3) Drink to the weekend and to all your friends!

5 red beans:

Tobermory said...

Who ever would have thought the first [only?] Gumbeaux post to ever make me cry would be a Friday cocktail?

Gumbeaux and RP, you both rock.

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Oh my goodness. I don't want you to cry, but know how you feel. This drink is as blue my mood this week.

Thank you, Tobermory. You should know that I think you rock, too!!

Anonymous said...

you all freakin' rock.

nuray

Gumbeaux Gal said...

We ALL do!

Geggie said...

Make mine a double!!

Off for more fun in Looozeeeana! No weekend at the pool for me. But a day at the lake is a possibility for tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...