Saturday, May 31, 2008

Buffalo Burgers for the Grill

Sometimes, there's nothing more satisfying than a juicy burger hot off the grill.

Hubby and I are busy working out and toning up for summer, so we're watching what we eat. (Really, I'M watching what I eat. Hubby is a genetic freak who can eat whatever he wants and in massive quantities and still look great. Hmph!)

We don't eat burgers that often, especially not the fast food kind, but we do like to indulge occasionaly at home. Last night, I got the hankering for a burger and opted for lean buffalo as the meat of choice.

Buffalo has great flavor, but is rather lean. I like to throw in some red wine, and panko crumbs to hold in some extra moisture. The finished product is a divinely juicy, very tasty burger that is as satisfying as any fatty beef burger.


Buffalo Burgers
1 lb lean ground buffalo or bison
1/3 c panko bread crumbs
1/4 c red wine
1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
herbs of your choice, minced (optional)
kosher salt
freshly cracked black pepper

1) Mix all ingredients together very gently and form into 4 patties of equal size.
2) Grill to your liking.
3) EAT!

5 red beans:

Geggie said...

Nice looking 'maters. And this burger would be great with a Rosy Dog!

Anonymous said...

I do watch what I eat, lest it fall off the fork and miss my mouth. -Hubby.

Gumbeaux Gal said...

LOL! Thanks, Hubby. I see you are currently doing a very of good job of keeping your ice cream on the spoon. :P

Geggie, wish I could take credit for the 'maters, but they come from a local grocery store that carries locally grown produce. My pink brandywines are looking good, though, and some will be ready any day now. I might just sit next to the plant with my salt shaker.

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

I adore buffalo burgers, or just buffalo in general - it is a great lean and delicious meat!

Walker said...

looks good. I've been grating a small onion on the box grater and then adding that to my meat as i mix it, i think it's totally impossible to dry burgers out when you do this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...