Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Spring is in full force. That means summer will be here before we know it. There's just no denying it -- it's time to start eating healthier and lighter.
These grilled cod and veggie packets fit the healthy eating bill and are easy to prepare and grill. The cleanup is even easier.
Grilled Cod, Citrus, and Veggie Packets
2 cod filets
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, peeling and pith removed, sliced
1/2 navel orange, peeling and pith removed, sliced
1 1/2 c green beans, fresh or frozen
1 carrot, sliced
1 small shallot, sliced into rings
fresh thyme, stripped from stems
fresh chives, snipped into 1-inch pieces
cracked black pepper
Preheat grill to medium high heat.
1) Place each filet on a large piece of foil.
2) Pour 1 tsp oil on each filet and turn over to coat.
3) Season both sides of each filet with salt, pepper, cayenne.
4) Place half of chopped garlic on each filet.
5) Place half of each of the following in order over each filet: green beans, carrots, shallot, lemon slices, and orange slices.
6) Sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme, and chives over vegetables/citrus.
7) Fold packets securely and place on grill.
8) Lower heat to medium-low and cook about 4-5 mins per side. (Your grilling times may vary according to your grill and thickness of fish.)
I rounded out the meal with a small side of parsleyed Yukon Gold potatoes and a salad.