Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday Cocktail Time #2 - Tangerine/Satsuma Thyme Meauxito

It's cocktail time again and time for THYME! Thyme is a favorite herb in Cajun cooking, so I decided to incorporate it into a mojito-like drink. Once I decided on the thyme element, I figured I'd overhaul the entire drink, replacing the sugar with agave nectar and the lime with tangerine. (If you're in Louisiana and have access to the incredible satsumas there, sub a satsuma for the tangerine.)

By the time I was done, I couldn't call the drink a mojito, so I called it a meauxito to Cajun-ize it! ;)

Tangerine/Satsuma Thyme Meauxito
1 tangerine or satsuma, quartered
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1 - 2 sprigs thyme, washed and dried
2 -3 sprigs mint, washed and dried
2 ounces light rum
1 C ice cubes
1 C ice, crushed
club soda
1 mint and 1 thyme sprig for garnish

1) Muddle tangerine, thyme, and mint in a martini shaker, getting as much juice out of the tangerine as possible, and thoroughly mixing in the thyme and mint.
2) Add ice cubes, agave nectar, and rum to the shaker. S
3) Shake thoroughly to mix and chill.
4) Strain into a collins glass filled with crushed ice.
5) Top off with club soda.
6) Garnish with a mint sprig and a thyme sprig.
7) IMBIBE!

3 red beans:

canarygirl said...

Uh-ohhh....I think I'm in trouble this summer! lol This *will* be showing up at some point. :)

Gumbeaux Gal said...

EXCELLENT! :) Just be sure to remove all trip hazards between your home bar and wherever you choose to drink the meauxito. :P

Next time, I will make a simple syrup and infuse the thyme instead of just muddling it.

Fearless Kitchen said...

This looks fabulous! I would not have thought of using thyme in a cocktail, but I bet it tastes divine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...