Thursday, December 20, 2007

Where the heck have I been?

It's holiday time and I've been baking cookies!



Typically, I whip up a ton of sugar cookies in forms of stockings, stars, trees, and other holiday shapes. That means coloring lots of frosting and lots of cleanup. This year, I took a bit of a shortcut and went for only one shape -- the old xmas tree.

I spruced (heh!) the trees up with sugar decorations (snowflakes, candy canes), and colored dusts. (Cue the blurry iPhone photos...)

Here are some snowflake-covered trees:


Candy canes:


And my best work was the batch of glammed-up trees like this one:


Oh, and how could I forget my little army of gingerbread men?


After all that baking, I whipped up some spicy peanut brittle and some coconut-cashew truffles.

Whew! I'm exhausted!

Here's wishing all of my loyal blog readers a very happy holiday season and prosperous 2008.

6 red beans:

Anonymous said...

The glamorous Xmas tree were delicious! :)

Nuray

sweetlilmagnolia said...

Very beautifull. Sometimes its the simple creations that are the most pleasing...lol
Congrats on your anniversary, looks like you have a wonderfully romantic vaction..."sigh..with envy.." lol
May you also have an amazinly blessed Christmas and New Year...looking forward to what you'll be bringing to us in the coming year!!!
Deb in Texas, formally Louisiana

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Nuray - so glad that you enjoyed the cookie! See you in '08 with cupcakes!!!

Deb - Welcome! Thanks for the compliments and for reading. Where in Louisiana are you from? Have a happy, happy Christmas and a terrific, prosperous New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays & new years too - them cookies look mighty tasty! Jay said he's had too many of 'em too!!! Better send in any leftover ones w/ 'em for his co-workers...

see you in 08

m2

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Happy New Year, M2. I'm sorry to say that I miscalculated the number of cookies I needed to bake this year! Well, there was that as well as my In-Home Cookie Thief. :P Will add you to the cookie list for next year!

Anonymous said...

Ah Thanks GumboGal!

I was (as usual) just tryin' to weasel some tasty cookies out of the whole situation.

Happy New Years to ya & thanks for bein' added to the list.

m2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...