Monday, October 29, 2007

Pomegranate Liquer Experiment No. 1

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a few pomegranates sitting on a kitchen table at my office. They were ripe, and I figured they were sitting there to be taken. I sure hope so, because I made off with one of them!


Once I got the pomegranate home, I decided to create a liquer out of it. Typically, when making a flavored liquer, you want to use an unflavored vodka. However, I had some Absolut Pear vodka that I didn't like so much because it seemed too intensely, artificially pear-like. I wondered whether the tartness of the pomegranate would temper the pear taste, so I emptied half the bottle, added sugar, lemon and orange zests, and pomegranate seeds.



I figure I'll let it sit for 30 days and see what happens. If it turns out nicely, I'll post the exact recipe here. Here is the experiment at ten days:

0 red beans:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...