Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I have a knife and I know how to use it!




I once read an article in Gourmet or Bon Appetit magazine about a chef who lived in a very small apartment and who had pared down his life to fit into said apartment. He extolled the virtues of having "one good knife and one good pot."












I haven't fallen in love with one of my pots or pans yet. I'll admit that I'm always acquiring more of them. I do, have a deep fondness for one of my knives and I'm convinced that I couldn't live without it. It's my Global-G series 10" Chef's knife. Specifically, it's the Cromova 18 G-16. This knife replaced and surpassed a very beloved Chinese chef's knife that I'd used ever since I became a foodie. No matter how big or how small the job, I'd trot out that Chinese chef's knife every chance I got. Nowadays, that knife doesn't even have a spot on my magnetic knife rack. It's place having been taken up by the G-16, and some other Globals.



Global knives feature one-piece construction, a super hard alloy of chromium, molydenum, and vanadium, and a hollow handle that is filled/weighted with just enough sand for the perfect balance. No. Yoshikin, the maker of Global knives, didn't pay me to say all that. I just happen to love their knives.

2 red beans:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get one of those classy blades you use?

Gumbeaux Gal said...

Hey, you can find Globals at any good kitchen supply store, but I've seen the best prices at Cooks.com and Amazon.com. :>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...